Assembled Nanodiscs Mouse/Rat
Mouse/Rat assembled nanodiscs
Assembled nanodiscs can replace detergent in cell-free expression reactions. The nascent membrane protein integrates into the nanodiscs, forming a stable complex. As human scaffold proteins might interfere with certain applications such as immunization of mice or rats with human antigens, nanodiscs containing animal homologue proteins are introduced. Nanodiscs are conveniently aliquoted in 50 µL solutions of 0.5 mM concentration. End concentrations in the cell-free reaction typically range from 20-80 µM. As protein activity may depend on the lipid composition of the assembled nanodisc, it is recommended to test several lipids or lipid mixtures. Please note that assembled nanodiscs are intended for use in cell-free expression reactions only. For the reconstitution of membrane proteins already solubilized in detergent, please refer to lyophilized mouse membrane scaffold proteins.
Why mouse or rat assembled nanodiscs?
- Ideal in combination with E.coE.coli cell-free expression lysates
- No interference in mouse/rat immunization experiments
- DMPC and POPC phospholipids available
- MSP1D1 (wild-type) and MSPE3D1 scaffold proteins
- Biotinylation and other lipid modifications optional