All viruses undergo fast mutations and adapt quickly to the countermeasures that the immune... more
Product information "SARS CoV-2 full-length Spike B.1.621 (Mu) Mutation"
All viruses undergo fast mutations and adapt quickly to the countermeasures that the immune systems creates. SARS-CoV-2 of the COVID-19 pandemic is no exception to this. During the pandemic multiple mutant strains arose. To help the sciencific community to combat these mutants Cube Biotech offers the SPIKE protein of the mutants in full-length and active in their native trimeric form, stabilized with the LMNG detergent.
This is the spike protein of the mutant strain B.1.621, also known as the "Mu" mutant. Its individual mutations are listed in the "features" table below.
Further SPIKE related products by Cube Biotech include:
- SPIKE of mutant strain B.1.1.7, also known as the "UK mutant" in LMNG.
- SPIKE of mutant strain B.1.351, also known as the "South Africa mutant" in LMNG.
- SPIKE of mutant strain B.1.429, also known as the "California" in LMNG. in LMNG.
- SPIKE of mutant strain B.1.525, also known as the "Nigeria mutant" in LMNG. in LMNG.
- SPIKE of mutant strain P.1, also known as the "Brazil Mutant" in LMNG.
- SPIKE of mutant strain B.1.617, also known as the "Kappa" in LMNG.
- The "original" SPIKE protein in LMNG.
- The ectodomain of ACE2 - SPIKE's contact on the cell surface
- Anti-SPIKE antibodies
Figure 1: Data from our lab regarding SPIKE from "Mu / B.1.621 stabilized in a detergent mycelle.
|Alternative names||SPIKE_SARS2 Spike glycoprotein|
|Protein class||Single span transmembrane protein|
|Organism||Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (2019-nCoV) (SARS-CoV-2)|
|Mutation that differ from "original" SPIKE protein||T95I |
|Further modifications|| |
|Affinity tag||C-terminal Rho1D4|
|Expression Host||Hek293 Expi cells|
|Size||1284 amino acids (including Rho1D4 tag and linker) |
141903 Da Da
|Buffer composition||20 mM Hepes pH 7.5; 150 mM NaCl, 0.001 % LMNG|
|Function||host cell surface receptor binding; fusion of virus membrane with host endosome membrane|
|Purity (SDS-PAGE)||>98% as determined by SDS-PAGE, see Fig. 1 A and B|
Related links to "SARS CoV-2 full-length Spike B.1.621 (Mu) Mutation"